Thursday 8 October 2015

Ready for Take Off





Tomorrow is the big launch for Follow Me and I am putting the final preparations together today for little things I want to take along. I've put together a montage photo (at the top) with some moments from my day yesterday. One big moment was getting to hold my book Follow Me for the first time in my hands - such a great feeling! And I also received a pop art card from one of my work colleagues - that's me, Andy Warhol style, which is just brilliant. All of my work colleagues have been so supportive and excited for me and it makes the whole run up to launch day even more exciting for me!
The coke bottles are a little extra thing I am taking along to my launch, keeping in with the Andy Warhol, pop art theme.


One of my biggest champions since I could read and write was my Mum, the writer Rosemary Gemmell, and I was delighted to be interviewed on her blog yesterday. You can read that here  I couldn't ask for a more inspiring and supportive Mum and it's brilliant being able to share a love of words and writing with her. I was so happy when she got her brilliant book, The Highland Lass published earlier this year (one of many), as I know this was a story close to her heart, and I think this is probably my favourite book of hers.

 I'm really lucky to have been brought up in a creative and supportive family (my Dad and brother were always very encouraging also, and I am lucky to now have an extended family in the form of a literature loving sister-in-law and an already creative little niece).  

And thanks to everyone who reads this who has offered me encouragement along the way!



10 comments:

  1. Hope the launch is fantastic fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant night, Patsy! Still coming back down to earth! Be in touch soon

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post, Vikki. It must have been a wonderful moment when you held the book in your hands for the first time. Wishing you all a brilliant time at the launch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great feeling, Joanna! And the launch was more amazing than I could ever have imagined! Was overwhelmed by the support. I also sold out the first print run which means you will have a little wait for your copy!! X

      Delete
  3. It was all worthwhile, Victoria, and we could not have been more proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had such a brilliant night -thanks for all of your support xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, Victoria. I do hope the launch was lots of fun and you got to meet a lot of eager readers. Do let us know. In the meantime, wishing you lots of sales and success.

    ps: your mum is great and offers support to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your well wishes, Nicola! . I will do a little post very soon about my launch. I had such a brilliant night, sold out the first print run! My Mum is a fantastic support and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.


    WHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com)EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!


    Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-mail:blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Bye for now. +1 (620) 307-3174.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Find searching godrej lock dealers & Glass Fitting Dealer in Ahmedabad? sarvodaya hardwar is No 1 godrej lock dealers & Glass Fitting Dealer in Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete