Wednesday 19 December 2012




I'm writing two blog posts in one week (a record) thanks to my Mum, Rosemary, who has passed on the Very Inspiring Blogger award to me(she writes an inspiring blog herself here)

Accepting this award means I have to tell you 7 random things about myself. Had to think about this for a while and I'm sure I could have come up with better things but here you go:

1. A palm reader once told me that I'm psychic (she should know, right?) and that I've got the ability to communicate on the astral plane in my dreams. So if you have a dream about me and I'm telling you something important; listen!

2. I met the Krankies years ago at some 'celebrity' golf event and got their autograph

3. I was banned from being in the running for my high school Dux due to dropping Higher Maths (HATE maths)

4. When I was a wee girl I was really scared of dolls (my Mum had to remove any from my room and hide them due to my over active imagination when I thought they were coming alive during the night)

5. Apparently I've got a doppelganger out there due to several reports from friends (and this might explain why total strangers sometimes smile and greet me like they know me in the street)

6. Ewan McGregor's Mum once helped me clear away dishes

7. I don't really like following instructions; choosing to make up my own recipes when I was a kid (not great) and gave up piano lessons as I preferred playing by ear rather than reading music

I'm now going to pass this award on to Rebecca who has a fabulous website and blog showcasing her artwork, musings about writing and other great creativity (click on her name to see the site!)

and Charlotte, another writer, who has set out to achieve 40 interesting things before reaching 40, blogging about her experiences here

6 comments:

  1. Rebecca Johnstone20 December 2012 at 00:45

    Vikki I don't know what to say - am honoured and inspired in equal measures by your enthusiasm and creativity, and am looking forward to spending a LOT more time with my blog and my writing in 2013.
    Your Sketchbook 'sneak peak' is fantastic - you should totally be an illustrator on the side!
    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, Aw thanks! Look forward to seeing lots more of your writing in the new year...and also looking forward to seeing your finished sketchbook:)) xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award, Vikki. It's very well deserved.

    I really enjoyed your seven things. My middle daughter also hates dolls in her room and feels they are staring at her.

    Like you, I don't like having to use instructions. One of my daughters follows recipes to the letter and despairs of the way I leave out/add ingredients at will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Hee- good to hear someone else finds dolls creepy and that you also like to improvise with your recipes:)

      Delete
  3. Great random snatches, Vikki - and you really deserve that award!

    ReplyDelete