Monday 19 June 2017

Fitting into corners ~ A Story of Priorities and a Jar



Before I sat down to type this post I was making my bed, a task I loathe as I always seem to take a ridiculous amount of time trying to tuck the sheet in trying to smooth out the wrinkles, and usually lose patience half way through trying to fit the quilt into the corners of the cover. But then it’s kind of worth the hassle as nothing beats that feeling of climbing into a clean, crisp bed…

And then I got to thinking, when it comes to fitting into other corners, is it always worth it? 

It’s easy to find yourself in a corner, wondering how you got there if you spend too much time listening to the expectations of others, listening to their perception of you and thinking, ‘You’re right, I am like that, so this is a really good idea, following this path, because really it’s the only sensible option at this stage of my life and won’t I be a bit of disappointment to you and to myself if I don’t try it?

And it’s easy to forget to listen to another voice, the one that’s echoing in the perimeters of your brain, that’s demanding you listen to the creative dreamer. The dreamer sometimes gives you a good kick deep inside when you listen to a haunting song, and the goosebumps erupt up your arms, waking up your imagination, pulling you back into another part of your world you sometimes forget to spend adequate time in. Maybe that world got a bit real, when your words were released into a forum you didn’t quite understand, so you hid for a while wandering along another path of expectation that has more clear cut rules that you know how to follow…

But then you remember that day, when you were a few weeks into following the path with more rules, you found yourself sitting in a meeting and you were shown a video called, ‘A Story of Priorities and a Jar’. The smart professor on the video explained that if you fill the jar with sand first, then there will be no room for the rocks or the pebbles, which are the important bits. And you couldn’t quite shake the thought I’ve just gone and put a whole heap of sand in first and now I have to spend a lot of time sinking into the sand, when really there’s rocks and stones I need to collect to build something else…

So this is the start of me going back to building something else. Remembering to listen to the dreamer, and the dreamer is so happy as I type these words, that I can feel a little tingle dancing up and down my spine.



P.s The photo at the top is of a beautiful ‘Small Stones’ booklet that my friend Rebecca made me for my birthday a few months ago. You should check out her creative website here 

8 comments:

  1. A very thought-provoking post, Vikki, and I hope you get back on that creative path very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, walking back along it just now...

      Delete
  2. I got goose-pimples reading this - LOVE the analogy of the jar! A great reminder to focus on 'the dream' and not get bogged down in the busy-ness of the sand. I have so many beautiful stones and rocks I've collected too - a lovely reminder of what they mean to me and how special life is. Thanks for the shout-out too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca - it's a good wee video to look up on Youtube - it does make you think and that's appropriate that you have a collection of beautiful stones and rocks:) x

      Delete
  3. I love this post, Vikki, and it really resonates with me. Keep listening to the dreamer, keep building, and hold fast to that tingle in your spine. I'll be doing the same after reading your inspirational words xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, that's great to hear :) x

      Delete
  4. GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.


    WHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com)EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!


    Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-mail:blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Bye for now. +1 (620) 307-3174.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a small house doesn't mean you can't create a comfortable atmosphere and even make it look bigger. Previously, you need to know that this comfortable house does not always have to be filled with a lot of supporting furniture or decorations that are expensive, but simple home decorations, minimalist home terrace ideas with minimalist plant garden. Yes, you only need to choose simple home decorations that can create the illusion of an eye and are space efficient. Still confused with simple home decorations that can create the illusion of an eye and are efficient? Come on, take a look at the list of simple home decorations that you must have from Kania below!

    ReplyDelete